We consider our small portfolio review to be a boutique experience, offering a high-quality environment for both reviewer(s) and photographer(s) with secure, dedicated space for photographers to rest and mingle between reviews. Plus, food and beverage service throughout the day is included.
Confirmed reviewers as of August 16th:
Clint Alwahab – Senior Photo Editor, CNN – Atlanta, GA
Bill Boling – Founder, Fall Line Press – Atlanta, GA
Taylor Curry – Co-founder, Ain’t Bad Magazine – Savannah, GA (bio)
Mia Dalglish – Owner, Pictura Gallery – Bloomington, IN
Dennis Darling – Photographer, Professor, University of Texas at Austin – Austin, TX
Arnika Dawkins – Owner, Arnika Dawkins Gallery – Atlanta, GA
Shane Lavalette – Photographer, Director, LightWork – Syracuse, NY (bio)
Mindaugas Kavaliauskas – Director, Kaunas Photo Festival (Lithuania)
Maria Kelly & Greg Harris – Curatorial Assistant and Assistant Curator, Department of Photography, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, GA
Michael Pannier – Founder, Southeastern Center for Photography – Greenville, SC
Shannon Perich – Curator, History of Photography Collection, Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History – Washington, DC
Jeff Rich – Photographer, Professor, Curator, Oxford American Magazine’s “Eye on the South” – Iowa City, IA
Michele Romero – Photo Editor, Entertainment Weekly Magazine – New York, NY
David Rosenberg – Editor, Behold photoblog (Slate.com)
Carson Sanders – Co-founder, Ain’t Bad Magazine – Savannah, GA
Jennifer Schwartz – Founder, Crusade for Art – Atlanta, GA
Anna Skillman – Owner, Jackson Fine Art – Atlanta, GA
Sybylla Smith – Independent curator, Photographic consultant – Boston, MA (bio)
Sasha Wolf – Owner, Sasha Wolf Gallery – NYC, NY
Tracey Woods – Associate Photo Editor, Essence Magazine – New York, NY (bio)
Tim Wride – Curator of Photography, Norton Museum of Art – Palm Beach, FL (bio)
Confirmed roving reviewers, as of August 10th:
Jerry Atnip – Commercial & Fine Art Photographer
Karen Comer Lowe – Facility Manager – Chastain Art Center
Greg Head – Collector
Alan Rothschild – Founder – The Do Good Fund
Mary Stanley – Founder – Young Collectors Club
Anne Weems – Gallery Manager – Hathaway Contemporary
Hope Cohn – Artist, Curator & Collector
“I’ve been to a few portfolio reviews now and have to tell you Atlanta Celebrates Photography is a great event in the annals of the business. You did a great job of ensuring its success. Many Thanks.”
“I had a great experience at ACP last year! As a direct result of participating in the portfolio reviews, I have had my first solo show in Atlanta! I was also able to make professional connections with galleries and other artists that continue to open doors for my work. I think the portfolio review is an excellent value and have since suggested it to friends and students.”
“I gained gallery representation in Atlanta for my work and have had an image published in Diffusion Magazine both within a few weeks of returning from last year’s Portfolio Review.”
“The ACP review I attended had lasting and terrific repercussions. At ACP, I had a review with curators from China, and as a result of that meeting, I was invited to exhibit in China, Inner Mongolia… The trip to and exhibition in China also led to some wonderful things… I was invited to be included in LensWork and a folio of my work was published by them as well.”
Some important information:
- The ACP 2016 Portfolio Review is all-day Saturday, and Sunday morning, October 8th & 9th. The event is at the GA Tech Hotel and Conference Center in midtown Atlanta.
- Registrants will be given a promo code for a discount when booking your room at the hotel.
- The Reviews are limited to 84 participants.
- Each attendee will receive five scheduled reviews.
- After registration, later this summer, you’ll be able to declare your preferences for meeting with certain reviewers.
- Please Note: The slots are filled primarily on a first-come first-served basis, however, registrant’s work is lightly juried to ensure that only photographers who have strong portfolios and are ‘review-ready’ will be admitted (a full refund will be given to any photographer not accepted into the review).
- If you have been accepted and are unable to attend, ACP must be notified prior to September 26th in order to issue a refund.
- Registration closes Sept. 8th, 11:59PM EST or sooner, when open slots have been filled.
Registration is simple:
We just need your contact info, a few select images and your registration fee.